Friday, July 30, 2010

Steering and shock absorbers

The front suspension is finally coming together - could also mount the steering wheel when I was in the garage last week =)

The car's original lever shocks were a bit "sloppy", so new ones had to be purchased. Good ones are not exactly easy to find.....but suddenly a pair in good condition turned up - just five minutes away! Hope to get these on the car next week =) 

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rollin', rollin'

Last night, we had a delayed spring cleaning of the sechs volt barn, coupled with a nice barbeque served by farmer oval57 and girlfriend. After the "need to do" barn cleaning, we did the "nice to do". With some skilled help, the front drums  were mounted in seconds. I couldn't resist the opportunity to trialfit one front fender to see how it all would come together... =)

When we left the barn, the car was rollin' on all four wheels - many years have passed since the last time that happened...!

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Front suspension....

Swapping the torsion leaves from the old suspension and over to the new one, is a messy thing.....grease all over....thanks to knechten for lending a pair of hands!

The front drums are repainted and new wheel bearings are inserted....the backing plates have had new brake parts mounted.on the wheels again before the summer holiday????


This 30 hp engine might not get anybody excited....but it is in quite good shape, and it will serve it's purpose until some vintage speed will enter the car (next winter). I rebuilt the carb and fuel pump, just to be sure. I do not regret making the reart valance removable - it was a whole new thing to fit an engine =)

Saturday, February 27, 2010


The brakes are of course an important part of any restoration... When removing the rear drums, the rear brakes were rather dusty and full of spiderwebs....

But its coming together nicely - assembled the left side the other day =)

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mating body to chassis

A beautiful evening in the 6V barn, the stars were shining....and the body joined to the pan once again for the first time in a long, long time. "Trialfitted" the tires as well, whitewall Firestones never go out of style.... ;-)

Later on, the two were mounted together with the original, renovated 14 mm "kamax" bolts. Note frame number, dating the car to July 1950.


New floorpans had been fitted earlier. However, the correct seat rails were missing. A set of good old were purchased, and welded in place.

Sanding, cleaning and then painting the 'pan was plain joy.... =)

Thursday, January 07, 2010


Finally, I was ready to prep the car for paint. A good auto paintshop in Oslo scanned the inside of my enginelid, which still contains the original L51 Bordeaux red paint. The end result was very good indeed.

Despite heavy rainfall late summer/fall of '09, I managed to find a quiet evening to spray the car. Even though the paint was applied outside, dust contamination was absolutely minimal.

In order for the car to achieve the look I want, the paint finish is not entirely gloss....something more like satin actually.... =)